TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Is homosexuality a social construction?

View Single Post

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #27
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is homosexuality a social construction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
the simplistic viewpoint would make sense to you if you had read the context: "I'm trying to extricate all of those colonial ideologies from my mind and spirit."
It did "make sense" but I still hold that it is simplistic. There is so much about the context as in "what exactly is a colonial ideology" To ascertain that one would have to accurately trace the germination of the idea and then search to make sure that there was no corresponding or even relatively similar idea in or around the indigenous population.