TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anna Karolina Schmiedlová

View Single Post

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #156
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna Karolina Schmiedlová

Quote:
Originally Posted by elba View Post
Nr. 187 play with Nr. 33 Alize Cornet in second set 60, this is new for me.

Kaja said:

Veľmi sa teším a vôbec som to nečakala. Dnes sa mi hralo veľmi dobre. Hlavne som si celý zápas pomáhala servisom, z čoho mám radosť. V druhom sete som hneď vyhrala jej servis po veľmi dlhom geme, čo bol možno najdôležitejší moment. Zajtra hrám s Petrou Martičovou, ktorú síce nepoznám, ale hrám každý zápas lepšie. Dúfam, že to pôjde dobre aj zajtra.”

"I am very excited and I did not expect at all. Today I played very well. Mainly I helped me wth service, of which I am delighted. In the second set I just won its service after a long game, what was perhaps the most important moment. Tomorrow I play with Petra Martic, although I didn't know her, but I play every game better. I hope it goes well tomorrow. "

From all the matches I've watched, Schmiedlova and Peer have the highest 1st serve % so far, and yes, that serve is key to her success so far. Plus she's right about that opening game of the second set, Cornet tailed off big time after getting broken there.

Someone else said that this win is Schmiedlova's first in WTA MD? She looked very happy after the match and her coach was leaping like a salmon from the coaches box to give her a big hug despite being on the heavier side of things
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote