TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #2234
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Well, in today's world I'd guess that it is just a little joke at her because it is possible that you don't understand a few words but I don't think so it would be so bad that you wouldn't understand at all.
The other thing is the older people from villages who uses their native dialect ("Nářečí" in Czech) that is connected with the part of Czech Republic they come from. The main difference between common language and dialects is in ending of the words (for example: verb carry - nesou, nesó, nesú, nesu, nesou; which means 'They carry' - 1st version is Bohemian, 2nd and 3rd Moravian, 4th Silesian - where is Fulnek - and 5th is Czech). But now the differences between dialects are disappearing and majority of the Czech people use The Common Czech language which is mainly based on Bohemian dialect.
That's what I - as non-educated person in this field - can say, hope it helps you to understand it a little.
Sure,thanks for explaining that clearly;you even included Petra's region in your explanation......but I'm not so sure why you include the "" in almost every post.Normally,that symbol indicates that you are disgusted with something,usually someone else's dumb behavior......It's not any sort of problem for me,but I was curious as to why you did that

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote