TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #1937
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
I don't know about Caroline's German skills (or lack thereof).

German is the second foreign language taught in Danish schools (after English), but most people outside Southern Jutland don't reach a level where they can converse in German. In Southern Jutland, the part of Denmark that borders on Germany, it's much more common that people can converse to a certain degree in German. Caroline was not raised in this part of Denmark, however.
Thanks for the info;my guess is that Caro knows some basic "tourist German" for whenever there's a tourney there....or else she just speaks English since normal,educated Germans are usually no worse than passable in that tongue(Kerber being an exception;you can understand what she's saying,but her vocabulary is pitifully limited."Play my best tennis" are 4 of the 50 words she seems to know).Can't recall how often Caro has done promo work at German tourneys,but I imagine that she's more popular than the majority of players there...even though--according to German posters--women's tennis has scant popularity in Deutschland

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!