TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #1937
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
I don't know about Caroline's German skills (or lack thereof).

German is the second foreign language taught in Danish schools (after English), but most people outside Southern Jutland don't reach a level where they can converse in German. In Southern Jutland, the part of Denmark that borders on Germany, it's much more common that people can converse to a certain degree in German. Caroline was not raised in this part of Denmark, however.
Thanks for the info;my guess is that Caro knows some basic "tourist German" for whenever there's a tourney there....or else she just speaks English since normal,educated Germans are usually no worse than passable in that tongue(Kerber being an exception;you can understand what she's saying,but her vocabulary is pitifully limited."Play my best tennis" are 4 of the 50 words she seems to know).Can't recall how often Caro has done promo work at German tourneys,but I imagine that she's more popular than the majority of players there...even though--according to German posters--women's tennis has scant popularity in Deutschland

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!