TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #3419
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Maria was definitely disgusted with the outcome. She wanted that handshake with Serena and the umpire to go as quickly as possible. Serena tried to give her some complimentary words, but Maria wasn't even looking at her as she moved to her chair in a hurry. She was up a set and break and she knew she was the better player out there for a good portion of the match. And that's not something she had been able to say in years. It was a golden opportunity for her and the way it collapsed so quickly would leave me upset as well.

But Maria now knows she belongs on the same court as Serena. After all of the struggles trying to get her game to a consistent high level after surgery, I think all of the pieces in her game have finally come together. Maria has her confidence back and she knows what she's capable of. You saw that reflected in her press conference with her defiant answers, saying that she will beat Serena at some point and she obviously isn't afraid of playing her on grass, as she chose Wimbledon as the place she'd prefer to battle.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!