TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #4843
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetkovskán View Post
Don't go to MTF, there are a few decent people, but with regard to women's tennis, it's an online cesspool of sexist a-holes. Most of the time, they aren't allowed to talk about women's tennis, but when they do it's mostly moaning when a women's match is on CC and the men's matches are relegated to a lower court at joint events. I read one comment that said that women should be paying to play, rather than being given the privilege to earn from playing, at Grand Slams. That said it all for me, really.
So, no (pleasant) surprises then. It's sad that they have so little respect for womens tennis. My former flatmate often used to moan about WTA complaining about how many mistakes those silly players make. As if they did not make any in mens. To me it seems that many fans of mens tennis don't even watch womens but just complain for the sake of complaining.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!