TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #3411
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

K so don't want to bump the Miami thread, but saw this in GM.

What happened here? Pova seems pissed about losing, but can anyone who saw it confirm? Too many times in the past year, she's seemed relieved to escape with as many games as she did against Serena and resigned to a loss. This time, it feels like she was pissed at losing (her BFF getting a recent win over Serena probably didn't help). And her presser seemed kinda bitchy too but tbf some of those questions were kinda stupid and she was probably over it.

Particularly, this question from the PC:
Quote:
Q. If you had to play another match and it was up to you to choose a court and had home court advantage, what would you pick?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Against anyone?

Q. Against Serena.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Wimbledon.

Q. Wimbledon?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh‑huh.
I don't think she's delusional . I'm sure Maria and Hoggy know the match-up would probably work most favorably for Maria on red clay at this point, but she's stubborn. This home court advantage line of questioning is almost insulting, like "well, you can't seem to beat her here or anywhere else recently so where do you think you would have the best chance of sneaking out a win?" Maria's answer imo shuts down that line of thinking and says where she would most like to play and win against Serena. I'm totally OK with this answer in that it shows she's thinking of potential future matches as matches she would want to win and not ones where she wants to avoid beatdowns.

And welcome to the new posters.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!