TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1913
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika has to enter Cincinnati. You can't opt out of the same Premier 5 2 years in a row (I checked this after my post).
good find. I don't remember the last time she played Cincinnati. 2009?

If everything goes to plan with her recovery, after wimbledon she'll have played 8 tournaments, including the two withdrawals. Last year she played 17 including rome and montreal so effectively 15. She was tired at Istanbul so that was probably one too many (assuming she is reaching at least the semi final in most tournaments).

So the tournaments she will definitely play:

Cincinatti
New York
Beijing
Istanbul

Leaving 3 more to reach 14. If she doesn't play Toronto she has to play Tokyo right?

I agree Carlsbad would be the most sensible choice out of the other three. Toronto is apparently popular with the players though, and would allow her to just play Beijing in Asia. (It would also mean she could go back to Linz, they love her there)

I 'd be happy with her having a low key preparation for New York and only playing Cincy. Last year she rested after the olympics and didn't play at all, and that turned into a good thing in New York as she had a lot of energy for the later rounds.