TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #3935
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I thought the rule used to be the player had to have won a WTA title before they got a forum.
Robson has one. But then again, her threads are by far the most active part of the GB section. Sloane also has one without a title or a comparable amount of activity, but making a GS semi final is probably more significant.

Quote:
Melanie won Birmingham and US Open Mixed Doubles. Although I think you're right, she got her forum before that, I guess when she made her USO QF run.
Anne Keothavong had a forum until early this year. The rules for subforum creation have certainly changed since this place was set up, which isn't a bad thing.

Should Donna have her own subforum? I'm not sure. This thread's certainly more active than Heather's was and Donna's not achieved much less than the likes of Laura, especially when you take into account her age. However, Laura has had the coverage and attention that Donna has for years now so giving her a subsection wasn't much of a gamble, she's going to get enough traffic in her subsection to make having it worthwhile. Donna's hot now, but for all we know she could end up like Melanie Oudin and drop off the radar by the end of the year. I hope not, both because I like Donna and because I think that people like Donna (i.e. young blood that's doing well) are needed for the health of the tour.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!