TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3409
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I'm from NI. You can imagine the one-liners that have been floating around...
But tbh I've never been into the whole catholic vs protestant thing.

She did do some good actually although that said a lot of the good was for the upper-class.
She does get blamed for shit she didn't do but a lot of her policies are still reeking havoc today.

She was truly brutal, but I suppose the great shame is that's what it took for a woman to get where she is, and it still would take that.
Although because of how brutal she was, there won't be another female PM any time soon.
I think she had more balls than all the male PMs since, tbh. And I do think a percentage of the hatred directed towards her has an undertone of misogyny, though obviously there are many valid reasons to hate her. It's interesting though, because politicians today seem so weak - I've never experienced a PM as strong-willed as Thatcher.