TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1907
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What do we think Vika's US summer schedule should be (if someone knows it, post it and this post will be a waste of time )?

The options (excluding internationals which I can't see her playing) :-
22/07 Stanford (Premier)
29/07 Carlsbad (Premier)

05/08 Toronto (Premier 5)
12/08 Cincinnati (Premier 5)

I think we can all agree there is no way she should be playing New Haven so I won't even list that. I think she should be playing 2 of these. Obviously the two Premier 5s are where the biggest points are on offer, but I'm not sure she should play 2 events back to back like that. Am I right in thinking that because she didn't enter Cincinnati last year, she has to this year? If that is the case I think she should play Carlsbad, Cincinnati. Historically she has tended to play Stanford, but I tend to like the schedule of tournament-week off-tournament.

Vika is defending next to no points during this period, and obviously it's a big chance to rack up points. More important though is preparing for a charge at the US Open.

For reference Vika's known schedule in upcoming stretch :-
06/05 Madrid (Premier Mandatory)
13/05 Rome (Premier 5)
27/05 French Open
24/06 Wimbledon
26/08 US Open

ps. For any Americans dates are in dd/mm format .
I Highly doubt she play Carlsbad, I can see her playing Stanford if she don't do so well at Wimby & plus she won there and seem too like it there, Stanford this year is going be a pack field Maria S., Stosur, & I think Errani & Wozniacki. Cincinnati & Toronto are for sure she will play both of those, the only way she won't if she injury

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!