TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

View Single Post

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #179
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I wonder how much higher Sakkari can climb up the rankings. I don't think she gets much if any financial support from the Greek Federation, so she must have to cover her own expenses.

Here's an interesting article about Sullivan, who recruited Kordolaimi by chance, when she had a serious ankle injury.

http://thedailycougar.com/2013/02/20/tennis_closed/

If Sullivan has a good reputation with Greece's Davis Cup coaches and given he's recruited Kordolaimi and now Vogasari. I have to wonder if Sakkari would be next

Given that Sakkari is a top prospect, parent's not dentists, mother highest ranked player in Greece history, I would think that it would be a smart move, tennis and financial, to come here (U of H).
Thanks for the article

Yeah, no one gets support from the Greek federation which is one of the reasons why girls like Gerasimou and Georgatou have quit/taken breaks. Sakkari's mother was the best Greek player before Daniilidou so maybe she has some connections to the federation? I'm not quite sure, but I doubt Sakkari will play college tennis. I think she wants to go pro. Also I think her family is fine financially. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like she is struggling financially . And I think she is a bit better than Vogasari.

I wouldn't be surprised if Angeliki Kairi ends up at the U of H though . She's another solid player, but she is younger and wouldn't be a cougar until 2014-15

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote