TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Young XWTA Players That Remind You Of Top XWTA Players

View Single Post

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #11
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future
Re: Young XWTA Players That Remind You Of Top XWTA Players

Great topic! I was just thinking about that. Some people say that Francoise Abanda plays like young Venus. Her service motion looks similar to Venus.
Still, I find most of the uprising players to be just ballbashers. I wish someone played like Hingis, Henin, Mauresmo. One-handed backhand is DEAD (well, except for Gasparyan). I like that some young players play at the net quite often, like Stephens (great net game btw), Townsend (never seen her, but heard that she even serves and volleys ).
By the way, don't you think that Watson's and Stephens' playing styles are similar? I don't know who from the older players has the same style.
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote