TennisForum.com - View Single Post - USTA International Spring Championships, G1 (Winner: Mayo Hibi)

View Single Post

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #8
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USTA International Spring Championships, G1

Hmmm am I the only one that thinks this is a pretty weak draw compared to past years? The Easter Bowl will probably be worse. This could all be due to the best American '95 girls skipping the Cali ITF swing to focus on pro events. Madison Keys, Vicky Duval, Sam Crawford, Allie Kiick, and Sachia Vickery are all still technically eligible for these events, but have "graduated" to focusing on the pro level (a wise move in my opinion). Even girls like Chalena Scholl and Jan Abaza decided to skip, despite not showing any incredible pro form recently. Taylor Townsend and Louisa Chirico are the only '96 girls who have shown any type of stellar form lately, and neither of them are here. Austin is too inconsistent to be considered a threat, and she unsurprisingly bombed out in R1 to a talented and in-form Hibi.

Maybe I'm being too critical since we got spoiled in past years with the '93-'95 American birth years having so much depth. I'm interested to see if anyone steps up and takes advantage of the weaker draw. My hope is Nicole Frenkel, personally.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote