TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1676
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
A strong argument could be made that the two are connected. If she can improve her game that should make it easier to improve her consistency.
Maybe. I think she knew how to use her skillset, and was very successful even with limitations.
Like I said, Caro & Kim won everything above Tier 2 for nine months. From after Serena won Wimbledon 2010 right thru IW 2011. Even after that streak was broken when Vika won Miami, Caro still won about 10 matches in a row, winning Charleston & reaching the Stuttgart final
This is a different player now, but she doesnt need all these improvements to beat Pervak, Mchale, Muguruza, and a lot of players she lost to. Look at those last 2 points against Kvitova from 4-5 deuce. We werent shaking our heads at how she could make unforced errors like that in those key moments, 2-3 years ago

It might be hanging out with Rory, who has a 30 year career ahead of him with no majors until mid-April. He's very laid back, confident he can lose form for months & then cycle back and still win a major.
In tennis, very few players fall back like Caro did, without a big injury, then cycle back.
Usually its like Jankovic and Ivanovic, where its very hard to get back the consistency and confidence in tennis
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!