TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3885
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donna Vekic

Well I can see that some people started to trash Donna after yesterday's match...

Like we didn't watch the same match. Donna didn't played so bad like some of the posters say. Yes, result in the 2nd set looks bad but it's not everything like it seems.

First of all , in the last game of the 1st set it was 5-4 and Ursula was serving for the set. It was 40-0 when Donna suddenly started to play some very, very good points, she hit 3 winners in a row and come to deuce. Then comes one bad call (like somebody already sad). The ball that Ursula played was 5 cm in out!!! I don't know how judges didn't saw that...If Donna had break here who knows how the 1st set would end and maybe we wouldn't talk about this today.

From that point the match wasn't the same any more. Ursula won 4 games in a row after that and match was over. Till that point Donna played some good tennis. Even in that 2nd set from time to time we could see that Donna have great potential. She played a couple of not good but great points. If you watched you will remember that great pass when Ursula came to the net to play volley. The whole stadium was applauding...

Yes, Donna was slow...she didn't move well, but also the truth is that in 90% of the points it was Donna the one who was attacking and I like that. The number of the winners will just rise from match to match, from month to month, from year to year and so will her numbers of victories.

Donna is just 16 y.o. and I would be worried if she have 22 like Ursula have and play tennis like Ursula is playing. We all consider Ursula as young player, still , she is 6 years older than Donna and I'm pretty sure that in 6 years Donna will be much better player than Ursula is right now (or will be ever).

Ursula deserve to win this match, but it'll always be the question what would happen if Donna managed somehow to win the 1st set...

Last edited by okramb : Apr 4th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
okramb is offline View My Blog!