TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1672
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
At the very least can Caro please stop working with the Adidas development program if she has yet has another year with lack of technical progress or even worse regression? Sigh.
Lack of improvement of her serve, forehand, volleying.. that isnt even the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that she lost her consistency. She has to get the hunger back. Thats what the top players have. They hate losing. She used to win half her tournaments while her forehand, serve and volleying all needed to improve.
And thats what her team should have been doing, trying to slowly improve those elements while she remains a steady consistent player.
I think she has to get the mental toughness back first. Why was she losing the first set to Pliskova, Muguruza, twice to Sveta? I think if they can solve that, she can make a lot of progress
Now its about 20 months since she won her 4th straight New haven, and she only won 2 titles in those 20 months. A very small Intl in Korea and the week before the YEC, where she beat a decent Tier 2 field. Probably tired at the end of the year, but a decent filed.
Over 20 months she would win 10-12 titles back in 2010,11. With slam semis.
If she can get the mental part back, the little improvements should come in the years after that
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!