TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #2299
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

So....Timea Babos next. That will be fun. I am definitely warming to Timea. She is one of the few players of the younger generation that seems to use a lot slice. She even slices on her forehand side quite a bit, probably almost as much as Pironkova. Her slice helped her a lot against Ivanovic, but overall I do think there is still quite a lot of room for improvement in her slices and she doesn't always use the shot as effectively as it can be used. But I hope she sticks at it, girls who slice a lot do tend to take longer to develop, but this has been a good year for the slice and we are seeing quite a few players this year showing how effective it can be.

All that said, in the battle of forehand slices, there can be only one winner. And even though Timea obviously loves these Mexican courts, I am looking foreword to Monica giving the youngster another valuable lesson.