TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM   #2221
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Queen of Aces with Petra Kvitova
Quote:
Whatís the best match you have ever played?
I think the best match Iíve ever played Ė although perhaps it wasnít my best tennis - was the final of Wimbledon when I beat Maria Sharapova. It was a very special moment.

Whatís the worst?
Well, I think it would probably be the semi-final at the Australian Open last year when I lost to Maria Sharapova. I had lots of chances to break her and maybe win the match but unfortunately I lost in the end. There are possibly matches where I played worse tennis, but this one was a disappointing loss.

If you could play a match against any player from history, who would it be and why?
When I was growing up my idol was Martina Navratilova so it would be very nice for me to hit with her. I think for us Czechs, Martina is a legend for us.

Whatís your comfort food/guilty pleasure if you lose a match?
Iím usually not too bad after a loss, sometimes it can take a day to get over, sometimes hours, and sometimes just five minutes (laughs). I usually try not to dwell on the past and head off to the movies or something, rather than comfort food after a loss.

Who was your idol growing up?
Martina Navratilova

Whatís the strangest thing youíve ever been sent by a fan?

Hmmm, well I get sent a lot of photos to autograph, which my Dad helps me with sending them back. I did once get sent a lucky bear, but nothing that strange yet! Only nice things.

What strange thing is regularly in your suitcase as you travel round the world?
Gosh, Iím not sure I have anything strange in my suitcase....itís just packed full of shoes and clothes mainly! I think Iím pretty normal....I hope I am! (Laughs)

What would be your last meal on earth?
For sure it would be sushi. It doesnít matter if itís lunch or dinner. Maybe both! (Laughs) I love dragon rolls.

Whatís the one object you couldnít live without?
Iím travelling so much, so Iíd say my phone. Itís so important to help me stay connected with my friends and family.

Craziest or funniest question youíve ever been asked in a press conference?
It wasnít directed to me, but we had a press conference once for our Fed Cup team in Belgium, I think. It was a press conference that lasted for 10 minutes or so, and at the end, the last question was to our captain, who got asked when we would arrive for the tieÖwhich was pretty funny because we obviously had already arrived because we were sitting there for the press conference!
source

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote