TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:07 PM   #2565
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Ms. Anthropic, you made my day. Thank you.........
I only hope that the actual media had one tenth of the sense of humor you have.
Well, I guess that it is too much to ask these days.
To be fair, some of those are very much egregious plagiarism. "Help! Help! They're being repressed!" is a riff from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." "We're young, rich, and full of sugar. What do we do? -- Let's go crazy Broadway style!" is straight from a Simpsons episode (although they do not spoof "Funny Girl"). "But if our knees bent the other way..." is straight from a Pinky and the Brain episode. "Put one of the skids right up [his] ass" is from very obscure background dialog in "Apocalypse Now."

"Now I have her right where I want her" really was used at least once in a press conference. After the 1994 USO semis against Novotna: Q. Does part of your mind when you are at 2-5, 15-40 say, "Oh, I got her right where I want her," or are you maybe expecting some sort of gifts from her?

STEFFI GRAF: Well, you know, I think at that point it didn't really get to her. I think it was happening at 5-All...

"60 minutes or less or your pizza is free" was inspired by a quip from an article from Wimbledon 1988: "Generally, Graf could order a pizza before a match and be finishing off her opponent when it arrived."

And of course most of the "chapter titles" are relatively famous quotes or riffs, although one or two are double references.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote