TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

View Single Post

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:25 PM   #322
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice
Re: Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
updated to post 294 (way behinf at this point-yikes!)

Jimbo-keep them coming-these are great additions. I notice you added Nasuelli on the other page-(Biographies). Add them all here please, as LKK cannot edit them unless he creates the post.

I followed up on Landes de Danoet-later Mme Kleinadel.

The French results gave "Yvonne", the English (such as Alan Little) "Simone".
Perhaps she was a Simone Yvonne or vice versa.

LKK-would it be worth it to check Polish sources as she married a Polish Davis Cup player?

I will try to catch up later this evening.
Unfortunately Polish sources never mention her first or maiden name (!) The Kleinadels visited Poland in April 1927, and stayed there for 3 weeks, they are described as "Mr Edward Kleinadel, our great tennis player, and... his young French wife", hehe. They were still not married in mid November '26, and got married before February '27, but I don't have any exact date. It's always hard to find any exceptional details on tennis in the Polish press before the WWII, the articles are never too deep. Her first name "Simone" appeared in some American newspaper that I found on the net - she was an opponent for Helen Jacobs in a mixed doubles match in Paris in 1935. But I don't know how reliable this source is...
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote