TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM   #4803
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thought that 'Scent of a Woman' was unworthy of all the slobbering praise it got....but that's not why I'm here right now.As YOU were the one who came up with one of the best-ever thread titles in the history of the GroupThink humanist intellectual abyss known as Tennis Forum,I draw your attention to the fact that we are gradually,almost inevitably nearing the 5,000-post mark.If I don't meet an unexpected death prior to then,I'll be inclined to implement one of your suggestions for the sequel thread title.

In case aye DO disappear inexplicably,whether it be death-related or otherwise,you are hereby encouraged to move forward with your own choice in my absence
Did I miss a global event regarding an iminent Alien invasion, hence talk of departure? Should I be packing?

'Scent of a Women' coincidentally has the same lead as the trilogy i was thinking about. I just watched 'Winters bone' again, and was reminded of a much better telling of the Mafia dynamic.

Continuing with the overated theme, how do we feel about Tarentino? Is he to film what winners are to matchplay tennis? Do more winners make a better film? To quote another nominee, "Are we not entertained?"...