TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

View Single Post

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1499
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree that it would take many more mods than there are now to moderate GM, unless they were payed for it because doing it with three would be a fulltime job if done properly. But where are you going to find 10-12 people at TF that are willing to do it and are completely impartial towards players?
True, that's the real problem and I wouldn't know how to solve it, but with all the people on TF I think with some research they could have the number of people required, even if they aren't 110% impartial it would be better than nothing.

I compare GM to an all-round italian board I read, it begun as a videogames based board 13-14 years ago but now it actually has a lot of different sections regarding many topics.
The "general messages" part, which has any kind of thread going on has 5 moderators + I don't know how many supermods (mods which can operate on the WHOLE board) + obviously the admins. It has 52,184 threads with 3,361,425 posts.
GM has 3 mods + admins. It has 171,246 threads and 5,287,391 posts and most of all is not a "national" board but having people from all around the planet is active 24\7...
Do the math...

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
I honestly think the situation is GM even as recent as 4/5 years ago wasn't that bad (Ok not that recent but still). In fact it just sank into a giant cesspool of Sarin fans + Martha haters against Martha fans. It got to the point of revolting honestly.
I've been here what, 1 year and a half (seems much longer than that lol) and I think now GM is way worse than when I joined.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote