TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1543
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I mention the 1st set vs Sveta at Melbourne because once you lose the first set like that, Sveta knows she can take a breather in set 2 and fight again in set 3. Vika won set 1 vs Sveta, and Sveta offered little resistance after that.
So I think slow starts in big matches is very relevant, because it builds her opponents confidence.

Her level has dropped from early 2011. thats for sure. But she also used to start well and rarely lose a first set. 2011 Dubai, won all her 1st sets, most by a wide margin. Same with Doha until the final in 2011. Only lost 1 first set at 2011 IW. She won 2 titles & 14 of 15 matches, but only lost 1 first set in those 14 wins.
Now going into Charleston, she's lost her 1st set 4 matches in a row.

So I think all of them might be relevant, especially against majors when losing to non YEC players
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!