TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM   #1541
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro might need a sports psychiatrist. Starting down 1-5 to Muguruza at a hardcourt mandatory, after losing set 1 to Pliskova. Down 2-6 to Sveta at the AO, down 2-6 to Begu at USO, down 1-6, 1-5 to Kanepi at RG.
She might need mental help to focus in the first hour of an important match
It's not mental. It's a lot down to her not getting used to the feel of the ball, the speed of the courts etc straightaway. And the shorter the rallies - the worse it is.

I'm not worried about her AO Sveta loss because she played well that match. She started playing much better than in her warm-up tournaments. Sure she didn't win but she played miles better against her than in the USO where she did win. I tend to agree with most of your posts but lose interest in your whole post once you lump that in the same breath.

Anyway she's always needed time to find her rhythm and get into a match (remember the slow starts in all her matches vs JJ when she turned around that H2H against her). Vika also has had problems in the 1st set - and against Sveta - but she turned it around. But yes - Caro's problem at the start has got worse. I don't know the answer but I'm sure it's the above tennis reason and a tennis psychiatrist is not going to help her there. She needs to stop gifting UEs at the start - but she's not got a feel for the ball then.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Apr 1st, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!