TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

View Single Post

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1497
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
GM has simply never seen a really moderated forum, if there were enough mods to rule that place (and 3 is not even nearly enough, it would take 10-12 people) and if there was a REAL moderation in action the problems would be solved.
They should start closing/deleting threads/posts and banning people, but not just joking like "oohh you deleted that thread, here, let me put it back where it was and don't you ever do it again, bad boy!" --- they should take technical precautions to spot fakes instantly banning them, permaban some people, and ban 2/4/6 months a lot of others, then you'd see people would begin to act normally.

But instead of all this, we have mods who close their eyes and ban people who attack their faves.
All true. But I think that the majority, or at least a significant number of posters like GM just the way it is. About a year ago there was even a thread about it. In fact, when Wozniacki was number one someone proposed the start of a hate board where everyone could say without the interference of "those boring fun spoiling mods" how much they hated Woz or any other player and what they would like to happen to them or how they would like to humiliate them. The majority, or at least the most vocal part of GM seemed to approve. They only approve for as long as their own faves aren't on the receiving end of it all though.

I agree that it would take many more mods than there are now to moderate GM, unless they were payed for it because doing it with three would be a fulltime job if done properly. But where are you going to find 10-12 people at TF that are willing to do it and are completely impartial towards players?

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote