TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

View Single Post

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1367
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Like others in this thread, I want to congratulate Maria on a wonderful spring HC season. She did great against Serena today for most of the first two sets. I was very emotional watching it because I felt like Maria was fighting so hard to stay in points and try to win that when she finally got that first set, I was so happy. But even in the first set, you could see how hard Maria had to work for it. In the second, Serena raised her level and Maria couldn't maintain the momentum. And the third was a total destruction. Once again, Maria's tennis was treated with utter disregard by Serena who took full control and dominated. It was really hard to watch that third set, but I'm still amazed by Maria's fight. She clearly wanted it today, but it wasn't to be.

I won't lie, I was angry at Serena during that third set. She wasn't doing anything wrong, but I was very emotionally invested in the match, and that bagel really pissed me off. I was angry that she was so ruthless, that she seemed so merciless toward Maria. Selfish reaction on my part, I know. But I couldn't help by feel a little sorry for Maria, who has now lost 5 finals in Miami. But I know in my heart that Maria Sharapova will come back, and she will come back strong because that is what a champion does (and Maria is a hall of fame champion).

Maria, if you read this forum, and you come across this post (or others like it), I want you to know that I am very proud of you girl. You came to really fight today, and you took a set off of your main rival (a woman who has haunted your whole tennis career). That's never easy to do, and it's the mark of a Champion to come back and fight. SO continue being that champion Maria, never forget or be ashamed of who you are.

The Siren will sound again, loud and clear! DIVAI!!!!!
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote