TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

View Single Post

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1358
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Maria doesn't let these things break her, god knows she endured worse losses such as IW and the AO last year. After a day or so of being upset she'll take positives from this. If she could've kept up her energy she could've made the end of the 2nd set a bit of a scrap and potentially taken it to a TB but the wind quite visibly went out of her sails after being broken having been up a break.

That said I'm quite happy about this match! Look at Vika and the USO match, definitely helped her in her match in Doha. Maria probably should've taken this in two tight sets today but at least she knows she has it in her to really take it to Serena. Tiredom as was evident in that set is also kind of to be expected after the month Maria's had. Bit miffed about the bagel of course but I'm overall actually really happy with this result! Maria's always quite been one for baby steps after all as opposed to random giant leaps forward.
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote