TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

View Single Post

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1360
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
You mean like how she won the French Open after that AO Final? I think you're underestimating her mental strength.
Maybe. But I think that for the first time in a long while Maria walked onto that court believing with every fiber of her being that she was going to beat Serena. And she played perfect, inspired tennis for the first set and a half. She had to thinking this was her day at that point.

But the way the wheels just came off in spectacular fashion and how she suddenly looked as helpless as she usually does against Serena, I just think it has to sting more than any of her other losses.

So we'll see how she recovers. I'm really curious to see how their next meeting goes and if Maria gained any confidence from today or is more intimidated and frustrated than ever.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote