TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #485
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
From Tommy Haas #sot13 interview today:

Q. Speaking of that, Maria Sharapova said about a year and a half ago you hit with her a lot, obviously from the Bollettieri days. She said it didn't seem like you were moving well, were down on yourself. You were coming out of the hip and knee. She was so proud of you and you were a great inspiration to her. Do you see something similar with Maria? She came back from a horrible shoulder surgery, and look what she's done. Have you always known she's had it in her?
TOMMY HAAS: Absolutely. I know her work ethic. I have seen her practice when she was seven years old at the academy, and some things you never forget. You see sometimes seven , eight year olds practicing, and you see these parents out there that think they're pretty good. And you look back when you saw Maria or other kids at that age, you know, dominating the sport.
You know, I mean, I felt for her too when she had shoulder surgery. She was asking me which doctor I went to, and I think ultimately she had the same surgery done by the same doctor. You know, it takes a lot of time until you get the trust back and the feel. It took her a long time. And then she sort of never really thought she might have been the same player and struggled with her serve a lot.
But, you know, when you are that dedicated, you see her work ethic and obviously she's also now coached by one of my ex coaches, who I think is one of the best coaches out there, it's fun. Sometimes people laugh at me when they say, Oh, you practice with Maria sometimes, because sometimes we are in LA or Florida. But her work ethic and strokes are really that good to be a great workout for me, as well.
It's a lot of fun. I mean, she's professional inside and out, and it's great to see her, you know, really, really doing unbelievable again. And winning her French Open title last year was great for her to get all four and stuff.
So, you know, I follow her career obviously. Really happy and proud of how she's doing.