TennisForum.com - View Single Post - •~~~Welcome to Vikaland~~~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

View Single Post

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2279
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~~~Welcome to Vikaland~~~ • - Vikalume 2.

Part of it stems from the matches we see. The actual competitive matches on paper we rarely get to see in Indian Wells and Miami. Instead we are just given Serena, Sharapova day after day etc. I thought Serena vs Cibulkova was a decent watch, just seeing how someone can dig their own hole and then climb their way out themselves was a good watch.

The latter stages of these events have been really poor though, too many players sealed to their fates before the match even begins. The WTA could really do with Sharapova having a competitive match with Serena, unfortunately I don't see one coming. The gaps to the top of the game are just getting exposed time and time again, and there is a real lack of players who can step up to the challenges. You've had multiple top 10 players in the past 2 weeks get made to look frighteningly out of their depth at the top end of the game.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote