TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #475
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Q. Do you feel like the big three, like you, Maria, Vika are becoming the dominant like the four on the men's side, you could get to where they are, top four?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I definitely hope so. I think it's awesome how we are trying to be consistent. I think Maria is doing a stellar job with being consistent, and so is Victoria. Hopefully I can do like them and definitely keep up being consistent like that.
You know, it's good for men's tennis to have some good players that play really solid all the time. We're just we're not copying anyone. We're just doing the best I think that we can.

Q. What's been the difference in your matches with Maria? It's been a long time since she's beaten you. What's been the difference for you, you think?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. Every match for sure is a new match. I don't know. I just feel like I love playing her. I love seeing her on the opposite side, because she just brings out a good game.
I just like the challenge of playing someone who has made history and who is doing so well.
Maybe that's it. I just want to play well against a great player. I don't know.

Q. What kind of match are you expecting out of her Saturday the way she's been playing this week?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, she's been playing awesome. I definitely expect a tough match. She's a great player. What else can you expect? You know, she hasn't lost in a long time so I have to be ready.
One thing about her, she constantly improves. I actually learn a lot from her and from that. Hopefully I can be able to do the same.

Q. How much does the fact that she's like right under your tail, No. 1, No. 2, you guys are close in the ranking, how much does that serve as an extra motivator for you?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, it's always motivating. For me, I just try to focus on one day at a time and one title at a time and just doing well.

Q. Do you feel she's kind of like you in a lot of ways, her temperament? She seems to hate to lose as much as you do. Do you feel that when you're playing her?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know anyone in life that hates losing more than I do. (Smiling.)
Yeah, so I'm not quite sure about that one. I feel like whether she wins or loses, she always has a great attitude about it. Another thing I can really learn from her.
Yeah, other than that I definitely think we're a little bit alike in a lot of different things.