TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #2554
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Seriously,huge THANK YOU Ms. Anthropic
I will need time to read all the articles you ve posted, and I already know it will be a pleasure
I've just read the last one, worth reading and its end
By the time I am finished here with 1988 and in the 1986 thread, your eyes will be very tired.

One of the things that surprised me, both at the time and looking back, is how quickly the press just accepted Steffi's results as "natural." Maybe it was because Martina's really dominant streak had already conditioned them to think that if the top player's match lasts more than an hour it is a kind of upset, or maybe it was because Steffi herself was athletic and played this newfangled type of game that her superiority was considered obvious. Or maybe it was because she was relatively new and shiny (and had not yet come to loathe the press truly and deeply) that the press just gravitated to her.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote