TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami Chat Thread

View Single Post

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #381
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
She's earned the worship. 15 GS titles, all the doubles titles, all those weeks at number one, the dominant head-to-head records against nearly all her contemporaries over her career. And what she did from Wimbledon onward last year at age 31. It's incredible. What do you want people to say about it?

I don't like it. I can't stand her as a person. But her accomplishments speak for themselves and I have to respect her game even if I loathe her character and personality.

And Henin did own her on clay. She is the reason why Serena only has one French title. I did like Henin because she had the whole package and I loved seeing her drive Serena crazy in so many of their battles. But players like Justine are long gone and Serena doesn't have to worry about all-court wizards. That's why she's going to win the French this year if healthy. If a player like Maria can win on clay, then Serena certainly knows she can do it.
Maria and the Bully are not similar players in a slightest...I can't believe such incompetence from someone like you
For starters, Maria's current game is MADE for clay - heavy IO and CC topspin forehands, kick serve and consistent grinding from the baseline. Williams plays the same bam-bam game like she does on all surfaces, and this style of play just doesn't reward on slow parisian mud. Her serve is neutralized by any non-choking solid baseliner and she doesn't have the footwork anymore to grind the matches from the baseline. French is past her for over 10 years now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote