TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami Chat Thread

View Single Post

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #380
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
this kind of Williams arse licking is why I don't bother coming into their game threads anymore
Do we have to forget all the matches where mentally weak scrubs choked to her in winning position? Zheng Jie in Wimbledon last year? Azarenka freezing in fear when serving for US Open title last year? Are we watching the same matches or maybe you guys just disregard anything and go with the "GOAT" mantra no matter what? I don't know a single player in history who would worshiped as much as this obnoxious bully...she can thank her lucky stars that Maria turned into mental mess whenever she sees her on the other side of the court and Henin retired prematurely, since belgian is by FAR more talented player than that ballbasher. There, I said it
She's earned the worship. 15 GS titles, all the doubles titles, all those weeks at number one, the dominant head-to-head records against nearly all her contemporaries over her career. And what she did from Wimbledon onward last year at age 31. It's incredible. What do you want people to say about it?

I don't like it. I can't stand her as a person. But her accomplishments speak for themselves and I have to respect her game even if I loathe her character and personality.

And Henin did own her on clay. She is the reason why Serena only has one French title. I did like Henin because she had the whole package and I loved seeing her drive Serena crazy in so many of their battles. But players like Justine are long gone and Serena doesn't have to worry about all-court wizards. That's why she's going to win the French this year if healthy. If a player like Maria can win on clay, then Serena certainly knows she can do it.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote