TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

View Single Post

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #753
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

I think the very presence of Serena and the possibility of another meeting between her and Maria spooks many of us here and leads to more melodramatic and negative reactions. I think Maria was playing only slightly better in IW at this point in the tournament compared to Miami, but because there was no Serena, Li Na, or Vika to worry about, posters were more calm and matter-of-fact about her subpar moments. Maria was the heavy favorite there no matter what.

That's not the case in Miami. Maria is about to play her 10th match in the last few weeks. I think she is a little fatigued, while Serena and Li Na are completely fresh after their time off. Maria would be a big underdog against either if it should unfold that way. There's a reason the IW/Miami is extremely tough to pull off.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote