TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami Chat Thread

View Single Post

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #322
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
2006-2009 had the best balance of court surfaces.

In today's game if you wanna win a major on the men's side you have to be able to play some defense and get a few balls back. You also need to be able to take offense and be a shot maker. I don't think a few faster HCs would change that, though some more variety would be nice. If only for the sake of entertainment. However, had Dimitrov not completely shitted away that first set he could have the won the match. Juan just beat Novak and Andy in IW. So, it still plays to be an offensive player on HCs. I think the biggest problem is that most players are so mentally frail when they go up against the "big four" that it doesn't matter what surface they on.

The men's year-end championships was the fastest HC I've seen in a while, yet Fed was beat by Novak and Juan Martin, so I wouldn't say he's still the best HC player.
The grass courts could do with speeding up again.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote