TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Annika Beck

Thread: Annika Beck
View Single Post

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #2445
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
Re: Annika Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icke01 View Post
Wow, really awesome thing to say at this point. Congratulations.

There were maybe 2-3 posters tops who predicted Top 30 for her. Also, how is this "going overboard"? She already reached 65 with 18 years. She beat Hsieh and Shvedova and almost Peng, too. It's hardly "going overboard" to say she may reach Top 30 sometimes.
Show me one country with an 18 year old player ranked 65 going less "overboard" than Germany.

"Going overboard" for me (if anything) is predicting that Lottner, Witthöft, Friedsam and the likes will all be better than Beck when neither has beaten anybody and all still struggle around on 10k ITFs. Not saying they aren't very talented and might be good someday, but hard to tell if they will ever improve enough to actually do it. Annika at least has shown some WTA level quality at the age of 18 already and nobody can question her work ethic. History is full of "former interesting talents", but not so full of talents who were ranked 60 something with 18 years and had absolutely great work ethic and then flamed out.

All you achieved with this post is making my "told you so" list the day she reaches Top 30.
Well said!