TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #2553
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Graf, Evert to clash in Lipton final
USA TODAY
Friday, March 25, 1988
Doug Smith

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - No. 1 Steffi Graf of West Germany and No. 2 Chris Evert square off Saturday in the Lipton International Players Championships women's tennis final.

No. 1 Mats Wilander of Sweden and No. 2 Jimmy Connors are on course to meet in Sunday's men's final.

ABC will televise the women's match at 1 p.m. EST Saturday and the men's match at 1:30 p.m. Sunday.

Graf, the defending champion, beat unseeded Stephanie Rehe of Highland, Calif., 6-3, 6-1 Thursday night in a semifinal match. Evert stopped No. 15 Mary Joe Fernandez 6-2, 6-1 in the other.

Graf beat Evert in last year's final. ``I think Chris will have to play really, really well and go for her shots to beat Steffi,''said Fernandez.

Said Graf: ``The way I was playing in the second set is the way I will have to play to beat Chris. I think this year is going to be a tougher match.''

Friday's semifinals: Wilander vs. Yannick Noah of France and Connors vs. Miloslav Mecir of Czechoslovakia.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote