TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1392
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
If Caroline fails to qualify for YEC his position should be pretty much untenable. Whether either Caro or Piotr would see it that way is another matter though. But to not qualify for Istanbul should be seen imo as a complete disaster.

Tbh in my eyes I kind of see YEC as the absolute bare minimum goal, like qualifying 7th or 8th shouldn't be lumped with tons of praise either, I see it more as the absolute minimum requirement. You have to look at the wider picture and see that it's more important she's actually gaining ground on the top players (of which the signs atm don't look that great). If you are satisfied just qualifying 7th or 8th for Istanbul, it's inevitable that sooner or later you will fall out of contention completely.
Well, like I said in my previous post, the tme to improve is now - not next year. That doesn't mean that she all of a sudden should start winning slams or beating the likes of the top three, but the curve of that line that has been going down for more than 18 months now (ok, we've been at a status quo for the last six I suppose) needs to at least go up again as soon as possible. One could argue that she has time because she's still young, but I've never known a player that is up for two or three years followed by a few (comparitively) poor seasons, only to end up being on top of the pile again in the years after that. Not unless there were injuries or personal BS involved like in the case of Sharapova and Capriati respectively.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!