TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #1389
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I said this at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking by it. If Caroline fails to qualify for the YEC and ends the year outside of the top ten I think that Piotr will voluntarily step down as her coach.
If Caroline fails to qualify for YEC his position should be pretty much untenable. Whether either Caro or Piotr would see it that way is another matter though. But to not qualify for Istanbul should be seen imo as a complete disaster.

Tbh in my eyes I kind of see YEC as the absolute bare minimum goal, like qualifying 7th or 8th shouldn't be lumped with tons of praise either, I see it more as the absolute minimum requirement. You have to look at the wider picture and see that it's more important she's actually gaining ground on the top players (of which the signs atm don't look that great). If you are satisfied just qualifying 7th or 8th for Istanbul, it's inevitable that sooner or later you will fall out of contention completely.
ozza is online now View My Blog!