TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #1367
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I really hate this type of talk! You can't have this attidude when your goal is to win a grand slam! Oh, you know, my opponent, who's ranked # 73 by the way, was just too good today , wtf, that's not how champions think & talk! I really can't imagine her saying this 2-3 years ago! But times (and her) has changed, it looks like she doesn't belive in herself and her game anymore!
About making YEC, it won't happen if she keeps losing to lower ranked players!
Her clay/ grass season most likely will be disaster, because with her serve and ue's count, I can't see her beating many players!
Tbf I always remember Caro with this talk. It probably just stands out a lot more now because she loses more. If Caro's goals right now are to win a grand slam, she really needs to lower her goals. You've got to be able to walk before you can run, she needs to be initially aiming at something more realistic.

I think the last part depends on your expectations. If you're going into the clay season expecting her to be a contender then you're likely to be disappointed, but it's hard for it get much worse than it was last year. It's important she racks up as many point as possible with regards to the YEC race. She can't come out of Wimbledon over a 1000 points behind like she was last year.
ozza is online now View My Blog!