TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #1348
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Tbf having looked at the race it's pretty likely Caro will stay in 7th after this week. Though some of the likely contenders to fill those bottom spots for Istanbul are likely to bunch up behind her (Kerber). It's all about what she can post on clay and grass next couple of months, it will need to be more than last year.
She's going to have to do a lot better than last year. In 2012 she beat Serena in Miami, lost to Maria 46 in the 3rd. Then Copenhagen final. It looked like she might be turning it around. Then awful clay & grass spring/summer.
This Miami might be her worst hardcourt mandatory result in years. She has a reesult like she's ranked 50.
I think her career is in big trouble. Its very Jankovic-like, and this is for 2 years now.
She's fallen into a situation where other players expect her to be a soft seed, and she's not doing enough to change that.

I cant think of any players who were in the top group, fell way off it for years while healthy, then got back to the top group.
I dont see Ivanovic or Jankovic getting back there. And as years go by, Caroline isnt showing that she can do it either.
I think she had better take this situation very seriously. Its a deep hole to climb out of.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!