TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your tennis results?!

View Single Post

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #1284
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

I rarely get to play to play tennis. It REALLY sucks... but just the past few weeks I got to play with one of the few people who play tennis with me, and he is amazing. So much power and placement and good net skills too. He usually beats me easily, but this time was a little different...

We mainly play on HC, every now and then on green clay. This match was on HC. The match started off with him immediately breaking me for 0-1 (which isn't unusual), but I fought hard and got it back on serve at 2-1. We kept on going and holding serve ( which is very surprising for me ). He was serving down 4-5 40-15, and I started to focus a little bit on my next service game. We RARELY play tiebreaks, so I was a bit excited one was about to happen. Then he started throwing in errors, and before you know it I had SET POINT. I honestly was shocked because I never win more than a few games (at the most) each set. Lo and behold, he hits one way out, and I have the first set 6-4! I did a little fist pump

The second set started like most of the first. We each held until 2-2 where I was serving, and he won the next 4 games with ease. It's like he did a 180. His forehands became much more powerful, and even his backhands got more angle on them than ever before. He took the set 6-2, which is usually how it turns out

The next set I knew was going to be tough. He admitted before the match that he hadn't played in weeks, and it showed throughout the first 2 sets. But, he started finding form, and I knew I had to focus (I get down on myself too quickly, honestly.) I got the initial break to go up serving 3-1, and we kept trading breaks from there on out... 3-1 to 2-3, then I go up 4-2, for him to break for 3-4. I had I think 3 break points to go up 5-3 and serve for the match, but some errant decision-making on my part was my downfall. I kept a smile on my face though because I was playing better than ever, and I was having a blast out there. (this wasn't for a club or team or anything, we just like to try to play every single week so we play often) He eventually holds for 4-4, and he then breaks me (after I had 2-3 game points) to serve for the match. I make 3 bad returns in a row, so he's up 40-0. I knew it was over. Then, I make a decent return, and he gives me 2 errors. I was back in this game... if I could just get one more point... he throws in a great serve, my return is a puffball, and he puts it away with a down the line forehand (on my forehand side.)

Anonymous def. tildeloltilde 4-6 6-2 6-4

Overall it was amazing because I struggle to win games against this guy, so I was elated. I had a blister on my finger that hurt like a bitch, but I didn't care. It was all worth it

Too bad the next time we played we played 4 full sets and I only won 5 games
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote