TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1339
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Tbf from what we have seen recently Caro's "offensive game" doesn't seem to be in that bad a shape. She's never going to be an offensive player, but when she is able to get on the offensive (mainly off short balls) she looks to be playing her best tennis (right now). It's the defensive side of her game that has heavily declined. Lots of bad errors, a lack of length on her shots making her easier to attack. The problem is she is going to be on the defensive in a lot of her matches, because she doesn't have a big strike on serve or return to get on the offensive from the start of a point, so her defensive frailties are highlighted. I really don't think the solution for Caro is to go for more winners, I just can't ever see it being the basis for her game.

It's mathematically possible for to still get top 8 for the French Open, but realistically it's not going to happen. As things stand she is 1465 behind Petra in 8th who is out, but she like Caro has very little to defend prior to the French Open. And is 1475 behind Sara in 7th, but she is still in the tournament so this will be more probably by the end of Miami. She would have to be winning either Madrid or Rome and posting SFs+ at her other 2 clay court events to even have a chance. She is probably going to be struggling to get into the top 8 until after Wimbledon earliest tbh.

She could get a wildcard for Charleston, but I have no idea if she would ask for one.
Thanks Ozza I Agree with Everything u said she does make alot more Error now than Usually that something they have too work on big time , I also think they could work on her serve and improving it as well her serve seem too fail her alot I don't know if she need too change her racquet back too Babolat but her serve should be the Main key they should work on Now, I hope she able too crack the top 8 before or after Wimbledon
Trey is offline View My Blog!