TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:17 PM   #1318
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think it might be good for her in the long run if she drops out of the top ten for an extended period. That seems to be the last bit of her former glory that she is clinging to, that she is in the top ten. If that goes away maybe she will really buckle down and work on fixing the flaws in her game?
While I see your point. I am not sure I really go along with it. For me really she should have had enough wake up calls already, when you go from number 1 to the bottom end of the top 10 in such a short space of time overtaken by your main rivals (from your age group) that really should be all the motivation you need. Of course being in the top 10 in any professional sport is a great achievement, but to just be accepting of that when you were number 1 a couple of years prior would be poor.

The main fear I would have is if you drop out of the top 10, you just appear to be on a downward spiral of gradual decline. I can't think of any player that has ever returned to their previous heights from such gradual decline. The longer she keeps losing ground on her rivals, the less and less likely it becomes that she will ever catch up with them imo.
ozza is offline View My Blog!