TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:49 PM   #1862
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza;25867170
Some interesting quotes from the same article:

Quote:
Azarenka is scheduled to headline the field in Monterrey, Mexico, a WTA International-level event that begins on April 1; she is to be joined there by Angelique Kerber, Marion Bartoli and Maria Kirilenko. “Right now on the schedule is Monterrey, but I have no—I have not made my decision on that.” Should Azarenka withdraw from the event, it would not be the first time that the tournament deals with the loss of a marquee player in its field; last season, Serena Williams committed to the event but withdrew due to a left knee injury.
Quote:
Azarenka is currently not entered in the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart in April, where she reached the final last year. She is entered in both the Mutua Madrid Open and the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in May. No doubt aware of her past struggles at Roland Garros, Azarenka was asked to rate her chances at the event this season if healthy. “I think there is going to be two tournaments before that on clay. You will see me play and then everybody will make their own decisions.”
I think it would be a wise decision not play before Madrid and make sure that Vika is 100% fit for Roland Garros and later for Wimbledon.

BTW, I have followed some of those comments in General Messages section after Vika withdrew from Miami. It is funny how some typical Vika haters have developed all sorts of crazy theories about her withdrawal like she just wanted to remain undefeated. I think the main reason for her late withdrawal was probably all sorts of promotional duties that local organizers and the WTA wanted her to do.

As we all know that Serena Williams has created some rules of her own for the WTA tour, and I think Vika also likes to play by her own rules like a smart player does.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!