TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread)

View Single Post

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #2260
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Monica will probably sink back into oblivion for the next couple of months, aka clay season. It's just not favouring her game at all and she will have to hope for some good draws up against her pigeons, to stay in the competition for a nice year end ranking.

She seems to be very aware of that herself. She will play Monterrey now which if it does play as fast as last year, should be a very good surface for her.

Can't say much about the match without watching. First set could have gone either way, but Miami's courts always troubled her. Hampton is a good player, anyway.
Yeah, one thing I really like about Monica at the moment is she does seem to have a real good understanding of her strengths and weaknesses and she definitely seems to know what she needs to improve. She also has managed her schedule very smartly which is nice to see. Playing Paris again was a good move, even if it didn't work out, playing Florianopolis was an excellent choice and Monterrey also looks like being a fine choice. Really hope she gets some wins there. Clay will as always be a test, and she will, as always, need some good match-ups on that surface (ballbashers? Yes please Spanish and Italian dirtballers? No thank you ) but I do believe Monica is playing the best tennis of her life right now and with a little bit of kindness from the god who is responsible for tennis draws the clay season might turn out to be not so bad after all.

As for today's match...I was hoping for a win today but this result is hardly a surprise. Yeah, Hampton is a good player alright.