TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

View Single Post

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #855
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Danish Junior Championships, indoor, 23 March to 31 March 2013

Preview

U18
The U18 title seems quite deflated this year because the three best U18 girls are missing: Julie Noe, Cecilie Melsted and Martine Ditlev. Ulrikke Høyer is seeded 1 and may win her first junior championship singles title ever (she has won at least 8 doubles and mixed Danish Championship titles including a very fine 18+ doubles title). Ulrikke should be in a league of her own now that the other three are missing. I don't think she's ever lost a singles match to any other girl in the draw - at least not within the last couple of years - so she should be a huge favourite although singles has never been her best event.

U16
There's much more at stake among the U16 girls where three of Denmark's most talented girls are playing: Emma Rønholt, Emilie Francati and Simone Alipieva. Emma is seeded 1 but Emilie, recent ITF winner in Norway, is probably the big favourite to win the U16 title. She was an 18+ Danish Championship finalist already two years ago when she at the age of 14 lost to Mai Grage! Simone and Emma are in the same half, so we could see an interesting SF. Frederikke Svarre is seeded 3 but is (still) not on the same level as the other three girls.

U14
Helena Steenberg was outstanding two years ago when she won both the indoors and outdoors U12 Championships but she doesn't seem to be in the same kind of form anymore. Helena Francati - the younger Francati sister - likewise won both U12 titles in 2013 but still seems a bit below the best U14 girls now that she has moved up from U12. Sofie Bjerringgaard (seeded 1) and Ida Krause (seeded 2) are the ones in best form at the moment.

U12
It'll be interesting to see Agnes Ditlev (Martine's sister) at the Championships. She's still only 10 years old, and very short and tiny, but apparently extremely talented. She's already been a runner up at several of the best U12 tournaments in Denmark (Category 1). She's probably not going to reach the final rounds at the Championships, as I suspect she'll be overpowered by some of the other girls who seems to be 6 or 8 inches taller. But I'm curious to see her play.

Last edited by angliru : Mar 20th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote