TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #4782
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
On a side note,most all of us remember how Hingis got a one-year drug suspension before choosing to retire again,but Martina was no longer an integral element in the WTA's future.So I'm wondering: If Masha,Vika,Serena,Aga or Li tested positive for either heroine or PEDs,do you think that the WTA would squelch it and just privately,strongly prod the player to clean up her act?Given the WTA's typical Star Treatment(pampering),I highly suspect that they might do that.
If they tested positive for PED I hope they would be suspended. For how long depends on how severe the offense was, whether it was done intentionally, and so on. But it probably doesn't even matter what the attitude of the WTA would be since testing in tennis leaves much to be desired, so the chance that anyone will ever get caught isn't that big. If someone gets caught doing heroine, smoking marihuana or sniffing coke I would want them to do nothing since they are not PED and it's none of their business as far as I'm concerned. If it's against the law, let the regular courts deal with it, just like they do with parking tickets or having a fight in a bar. We need the powers that be of tennis (or any other sport) to see to it that we have a level playing field and that no competitor gets an unfair advantage over the others. We don't need them to give us lessons in morality or to make sure that every player eats an apple everyday. That's always been my position, and I stick to it.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Mar 19th, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!